P.S: This picture features personifications of countries, derived from anime series, 'Hetalia'
Featuring a character from Maaf/Matahari, Burma!
1. Burma has influence from India, and India is probably the childhood big brother to Burma as well as many ASEAN countries.
2. When Burma was younger, he wore a longyi (skirt-like cloth, equivalent to a Sarong), a loose shirt, a gaung baung (turban - (loves India much?))
3. Politics in Burma is indeed emotional. After the military has overtaken, Burma (now Myanmar) wears a uniform in place of his traditional clothes. The uniform has some resemblence to the All Burma Student Democratic Front (but I took some liberties to adjust it to something neutral). Aung Sang Suu Kyi has been trying to help
4. In the love triangles, Burma could possibly share an interest with Laos (although I'm not too certain).
5. Burma is a close friend of Thailand and Cambodia. The three do share common traditions such as their water festivals (inspired by: [link]
6. The comic, Maaf ([link]
), features MaPhilIndo, (a trio formed by Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia). So why not add in a CamThaiBur to make things interesting? (Maritime sisters and Mainland brothers!) ASEAN ftw!
7. Myanmar/Burma is still undergoing political changes. But don't worry Burma, the ASEAN community is there for you!
Burma/Myanmar and Cambodia designs belong to me
(young) India design and Maaf/Matahari comic belong to
Laos design belongs to
Philippines design belongs to
Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam designs and 'Hetalia' belong to Hidekaz Himaruya